Introduction. The ongoing COVID19 pandemic has sorely affected the whole world by hampering the social and economic development in all possible ways. 1 The uncontrolled outbreak of this infectious disease poses a huge threat to the human safety and environment and has raised serious medical concerns. 2,3 This has led to an accelerated development of safety tools (masks, gloves, goggles, .
· · The cyclic hotcorrosion study is carried out on uncoated, conventional coated and nanostructured coated superalloy in the salt environment of Na 2 SO 4 and 60% V 2 O 5 at 900 °C. The weight change measurements are carried out after each cycle to investigate the hot corrosion kinetics of uncoated and coated superalloy using thermo gravimetric technique.
Hot corrosion is one of the main destructive factors against thermal barrier coatings (TBCs) applied on gas turbine hot components. In this study, hot corrosion behavior of conventional bilayer ...
Corrosion can lead to structural failure or loss of containment, costly repairs, lost or contaminated products, environmental damage, risk to personnel, and loss of public confidence. Our corrosion monitoring services continuously focus on your critical equipment, avoiding astrophic failure and maintaining safe and reliable operation.
· Nanostructured titanium based materials for medical implants: Modeling and development, ... such as joint replacements, mechanical heart valves and dental implants. Although conventional materials technology has resulted in clear improvements in implant performance and longevity, ... From the point of view of corrosion resistance, ...
As shown in Table 1, the fatigue strength of nanostructured CP titanium after one million cycles is about two times higher than that of conventional CP titanium and exceeds that of the Ti–6Al–4V alloy. 15, 25) Considerable improvement of fatigue properties was also shown in the rods from nanostructured Ti Grade 4 produced by ECAPConform and drawing. 13, 24) The high strength of nanoTi ...
Nanostructured diamond produced by chemical vapor deposition (CVD) techniques and composed of nanosize diamond grains have particular promise because of the combination of ultrahigh hardness, improved toughness over conventional microcrystalline .
· Development of novel electroalysts with low cost and high activity as an alternation of expensive Ptbased alyst has been one of the most important topics in the field of PEMFC. In this review, we have highlighted recent findings based on the fabriion of nanostructured materials.
Abstract In the present work, optimized Cr3C2NiCrBSi nanostructured and conventional powder coatings are sprayed on to Inconel 718 material by highvelocity oxygen fuel coating process for enhancing the high temperature corrosion resistance. The cyclic hotcorrosion study is carried out on uncoated, conventional coated and nanostructured coated superalloy in the salt environment of .
Nanostructured Electrode and Electrolyte Development for Energy Storage Devices Presented by Karen Waldrip Sandia National Laboratories. Albuquerque, NM. ... (of a conventional AC/CB electrode) and to provide a highly conductive and highly electrolyte accessible network • IL .
· Hot corrosion is one of the main destructive factors against thermal barrier coatings (TBCs) applied on gas turbine hot components. In this study, hot corrosion behavior of conventional bilayer and compositionally graded layer (CGL) TBCs in two different micro and nanostructures was evaluated. For this purpose, nanostructured and microY2O3stabilized ZrO2 (YSZ) were used as ceramic .
Development of nanostructured coatings for protecting the surface of aluminum alloys against corrosion and ice accretion = Développement de revêtements nanostructurés pour protéger la surface des alliages d'aluminium contre la corrosion et l'accumulation de glace. Thèse de doctorat, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi.
Conventional and nanostructured zirconia coatings were deposited on In738 Ni super alloy by atmospheric plasma spray technique. The hot corrosion resistance of .
A nanostructured, nearsurface layer has been generated by mechanically grinding an AA6111 alloy. After heat treatment at 180 deg. C for 30 minutes, Q phase particles, ∼20 nm diameter, were precipitated preferentially at grain boundaries within the nanostructured
· The second part of the paper reviews the recent laboratory tests conducted at Saudi Aramco Research and Development Center to study the hardness, adhesion and corrosion performance of electroplated nanostructured nickel, NiP, cobalt and CoP coatings.
Nanostructured highentropy materials. Beyond NC HEAs, studies on nanotwins, nanoprecipitates, and nanoscale segregation in HEAs have also been conducted. Such structures can have considerable effects on strength, corrosion initiation, and other functional properties.